Wedding Memories of South Coast Winery Resort & Spa
When Joseph and Eliss decided to get married, they searched for the perfect wedding venue and found it at South Coast Winery Resort & Spa. Because they had 42 family and friends to invite, they selected South Coast because:
“South Coast presented us with the best options and had the best customer service. The location was beautiful, and the venue had so much to offer for our special day.”
Together, they selected to hold their special day at the property’s Rose Arbor. Tell us a little bit about:
1. Set Up: Our set up was simple but elegant. We chose to have a small wedding because we wanted it to be intimate and involving our very close family and friends. Our florist/designer, Dawnielle of The Devine Event, made sure to bring our vision into reality.
2. Your Colors: Our colors were desert rose, black, and cream.
3. The Food: Our guests had the options of choosing between chicken, fish, or pork tenderloin with accompanying side dishes and salads.
4. The Wine: We had an open bar, so there were many choices of wines and other beverages. I don’t remember which wine we had specifically for us, but we do remember it being a white wine.
5. Any miscellaneous items that helped make your day complete: Joseph and I decided to incorporate a tradition called “jumping the broom.” It’s special to us because it was a decision made by us to incorporate the action, and we hope to pass our broom down to our future generations. We also wrote our own vows, and we have our vows framed and showcased in our home.
Bride and Groom’s Names: Joseph and Eliss
Date and Place where you met: We met 11/12/2011 in Atlanta, Georgia…at the W Hotel to be exact.
Wedding Date: 6/12/2012 (Loving Day)
Any Special Stories on the Proposal to share: OMG! The proposal wasn’t the best, LOL! We got into an argument earlier that day about the hotels for our upcoming weekend getaway. We then went to the gym to work off our negativity, and Joseph brought the ring with him. He worked out the whole time with the ring in his pocket, and I was wondering why he was running weird on the treadmill. When we left the gym, we walked to the car, and he had the keys in his hand. I asked him if he was going to open the door, and he said, “Yes, but I have to ask you something first.” He then got down on one knee, in the parking lot of LA Fitness, and asked me to marry him. Of course I said yes.
Celebration Accomplice(s): Thankfully, no.
Couples Hometown(s): Joseph (Port Austin, MI) Eliss (Atlanta, GA)
Family members who shared your special date: We both had a combination of parents, siblings, cousins, aunts, and uncles. The added special addition was Joseph’s 89 year-old grandmother who traveled from Michigan to attend the wedding. That meant a lot to the both of us.
Professions: Joseph (Financial Analyst) Eliss (Fulltime Nursing Student)
Favorite South Coast wines when entertaining: Joseph (South Coast ‘Rolling Hills Estate’, Cabernet Sauvignon) Eliss (Merlot Rose)
Favorite food and wine pairings when entertaining: Salmon with Chardonnay; Steak with Merlot
Most memorable meal ever: Our first date ever was at Paschal’s in Atlanta, GA. Eliss had a shrimp dish, and I had chicken fettuccini alfredo. It was memorable for me because I was nervous. It was memorable for Joseph because the food relaxed him (he is a foodie).
Dream Dinner Companions: Joseph (Jim Cramer so I can talk to him about stocks and investments) Eliss (Oprah…she is just awesome, intelligent, and FAB!)
Hobbies: We both enjoy golfing, completing half-marathons, cooking, and reading. Joseph loves to trade stocks and invest. I love to garden, make scrapbooks, and write. Joseph says I also love to debate as a hobby, but he is just mad that he can’t beat me in debates.
Couple’s Favorite Quote: “What can we do to promote world peace? Go home and love your families.” Mother Theresa
Any comments on South Coast Winery Coordinators or Staff: The whole staff was very helpful and supportive. Additionally, Amber Joy Day went above and beyond to assist us with our needs, and she deserves much praise.
Due to our treatment, we will always recommend South Coast Winery to anyone seeking a beautiful, comfortable, and elegant venue.
Be sure to join us for our Bridal Open House on September 16th!