Wedding Memories of South Coast Winery Resort & Spa
When Nelson and Shari decided to get married, they searched for the perfect wedding venue and found it at South Coast Winery Resort & Spa. Because they had about 100 family and friends to invite, they selected South Coast because:
Together, they selected to hold their special day at the property’s Rose Arbor and Courtyard facilities.
- Set Up - Rose Arbor was amazing because of the natural decor, Bell Tower Courtyard was a fairy tale venue for reception with dramatic setting and soft up-lighting
- Your Colors - lavender, chocolate, and cream
- The Food - Delicious hors d’oeuvres and entrees of chicken, salmon, and veggie wellington
- The Wine - Choice of Rolling Hills Merlot and South Coast Sauvignon Blanc served with dinner.
- Any miscellaneous items that helped make your day complete— Bridesmaids stayed with me the night before and decorated Bridal Suite and of course, the getaway car! Mom-in-law got me some cute bride and groom decorations for the cake table.
Bride and Groom’s Names: Nelson and Shari Sanches
Date and Place Where You Met: Met as children in the late 80s and saw each other every summer, reconnected in December 2002 in Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Wedding Date: June 24, 2012
Any Special Stories on the Proposal to share: proposed at the Blue Bayou restaurant in Disneyland, place I’d always longed to go since childhood
Couples Hometown(s): Nelson ~ Rancho Cucamonga, CA Shari~ Maurice, LA
Family members who shared your special date and any special notes:
Nelson’s mom, stepdad, dad, stepmom, aunts (one all the way from Sao Paulo, Brazil, uncle, brother, sister-in-law, nephew, cousins , Shari’s mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, sister, one aunt, two uncles
Professions: Nelson—air traffic controller Shari—5th grade teacher
Favorite South Coast Wines when entertaining: viognier, riesling, sparkling wine
Favorite food and wine pairings when entertaining: shiraz with smoked gouda
Most memorable meal ever: honeymoon dinner at Italian restaurant at Sandal’s St. Lucia
Dream Dinner Companions: we don’t have any—we just enjoy the company of our amazing friends and family
Hobbies: Nelson: traveling, soccer, chess Shari: hiking, camping, traveling, entertaining
Couple’s Favorite Quote: ”I guess you’ll do” (lol—we kid around alot)
Any comments on South Coast Winery Coordinators or Staff: Amber and Vanessa were extremely helpful and professional; would highly recommend this amazing venue!
Join us for our Bridal Open House on September 16, 2012 Click here
for more information.